1. What's the first piece of music you listened to today?
I haven't yet; I'll come back to it.
Nina Simone - "Here Comes the Sun"
2. What are your vices?
Nothing out of the ordinary. Lately it's been more drinking than
3. What is one of your prejudices?
Oh, gosh. What isn't?
4. In what way do you think music has the ability to change
the way people live their lives?
Music in and of itself is inert.
People can affect a powerful force in their lives through music, as much or more than any art. But change is a person's responsibility and privilege.
5. At what age did you first feel distrust?
After my sister didn't reward me with the promised candy bar when
I successfully and bravely went through the spiral or whatever that
goddamn thing was called at the water park. She is not a woman to
be trusted. I don't know; I was 8, maybe.
6. Do you think that your name is appropriate for you?
(If not, what name would be more appropriate?)
Sure? Sometimes a more appropriate name is, "Dickwad,"
7. What is the best piece of music you've ever created,
in your opinion?
The thing I last remember being proud of was "All
the Best Wishes."
8. Right now, how are you trying to change yourself?
I am going for less self-consciousness, more being. By answering
email interviews about myself and junk.
9. If you had the time, what else would you do?
Start a bunch of shit.
10. What social cause do you feel the most strongly about
(negative or positive)?
11. What are your fears?
Chocolate. Pizza. Tacos.
12. What is your favorite joke (tasteful or tasteless)?
The other night, my friends, Dave and Abi, went to party. The party
theme was, "dress as an emotion." Dave went with his penis
in a cup a pudding, and Abi went with her penis in a pear. The hostess
was miffed and reminded them of the party theme. Dave said, "Why,
I'm fucking dis-custard." Abi said, "Yeah, I'm deep in
13. Who is your favorite author?
Ray Raposa just turned me onto Nick
14. What is your favorite movie?
15. Favorite album(s) from the last few years?
Deer Tick's Complete Recordings; Metallic Falcon's Desert
Doughnuts; Lichens; Dirty Projectors; Castanets; Phosphorescent;
Mouth of Leaves and the Daughters Humans; Lights; Meadows; Danielle
Stech-Homsy; Nina Simone Anthology
16. What would you like to know more about?
17. What is one thing you would like to do/see/accomplish
before you die?
I'd like to see a few places. I'd like to meet a few people. I'd
like to get on a bike for a few weeks. Peyote?