"If prose is a house, poetry is a man on fire running quite fast through it."
Without granting preference to any style or school, we seek original, unpublished poetry that engages the reader with a strong voice, no matter what voice is venerating within the poem. The confessional, the political, the humorous, the serious, the narrative and the lyrical are all equally welcomed contributors to the website and to the synthesis of poetry.
Poetry Submission Guidelines:
2) Within the subject of the email, please list your name and the titles of your poems. For example, a subject line will look something like: John Smith, "Poem A," "Poem B," "Poem C"
3) Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, but please notify us promptly if your work has found a home elsewhere.
4) If inclined, you may include brief bio within your email.
5) Submissions are accepted year-round, and responses are emailed back within two months from the submission date.
6) We do not accept translations.
Bonus: Enter Our 2022 Poetry Contest
We are accepting 2022-word poems (and sets of 22-word poems) for our free 2022 writing competition.