Identity Theory’s nonfiction section is devoted to creative work that is as thoughtful as it is vivid. We are especially interested narrative nonfiction and lyric essays. Take us someplace we haven’t been before, show us something that is not as it seems, guide us with an intelligent heart.
While we cannot compensate authors for accepted pieces, we put our value to you by carefully reading every submission, replying with constructive comments, and publishing the very best material we receive, posted promptly on Identity Theory, an established literary site viewed by thousands of readers every day.
When you submit your nonfiction piece for consideration, please:
1. Write “Essay Submission:” and the title of your piece in the subject line of your email.
2. Let us know if the piece has been published elsewhere, including online.
3. Bear in mind length should suit the medium—we rarely publish pieces longer than 4000 words and welcome short pieces between 1000 and 1500 words.
4. Include a short author biography (50–100 words), including publishing credits.
5. Paste your submission into the body of an e-mail and as a Microsoft Word attachment if possible.
Please send your submissions to email@example.com. We are eager to read your work!