1. What's the first piece of music you listened to today?
“Comfortably Numb” playing from the neighbor’s house across the street. It was very loud. I think he was going through something.
2. What are your vices?
All actions that seem to divide me into two feuding parts.
3. What is one of your prejudices?
I hate lazy and bored.
4. In what way do you think music has the ability to change
the way people live their lives?
I’ve experienced musical influence in most every way.
5. At what age did you first feel distrust?
Can’t remember, trying to forget.
6. Do you think that your name is appropriate for you?
(If not, what name would be more appropriate?)
Yes, I think my name is a good one. This hinders me from creating new names for projects. I’m accepting ideas.
7. What is the best piece of music you've ever created,
in your opinion?
Probably the music I make on the porch in the morning. No one knows.
8. Right now, how are you trying to change yourself?
I keep working on turning into a flying thing.
9. If you had the time, what else would you do?
“Teach” children and the criminally insane to finger paint.
10. What social cause do you feel the most strongly about
(negative or positive)?
The causes of social tyranny.
11. What are your fears?
I’m afraid of things I cannot see.
12. What is your favorite joke (tasteful or tasteless)?
I know one joke. I tell this joke when having technical trouble on stage. Come to a show to hear it.
13. Who is your favorite author?
Can’t really say. There is this dead poet named d.a.levy that will make me feel like I’m listening to music. That’s the first thing that came to mind. My friend Maggie Nelson will write some poems that you can really hear too.
14. What is your favorite movie?
I like Fitzcarraldo a lot. And its companion Burden of Dreams. But I like lots of movies a lot.
15. Favorite album(s) from the last few years?
I always trip on this question. How ’bout I tell you the last 10 records I listened to . . .
1. Shirley Collins and Davey Graham: Folk Roots, New Routes (as I write)
2. Heron: Heron
3. Judee Sill: Heart Food
4. Lee Hazelwood: Requiem For an Almost Lady
5. Charalambides: A Vintage Burden
6. Love: Da Capo
7. Prince: Under the Cherry Moon
8. Darondo: Let My People Go
9. Sara Jafee: Salt And Water
10. Hazel and Alice: Who’s That Knocking (I am pretty bad at putting away records, but it makes it easy for me to answer this question. Maybe that’s a consolation for my roommates.)
16. What would you like to know more about?
17. What is one thing you would like to do/see/accomplish
before you die?
Image courtesy Touch and Go Records