- Lawyers argue that detainees at Guantánamo should have the right to habeas corpus. The U.S. Supreme court is considering whether detainees should have access to courts.
- Hospital worker and teacher Adel Hamad is released from Gitmo and reunites with his family in Khartoum. See also "Poems from Guantánamo."
- Gawker (yes, Gawker) in a fantastic case of investigative journalism supported Viacom freelancers when their benefits were cut significantly. Viacom has now agreed to reinstate healthcare and other benefits.
- Ethiopian military's abuse continues. About one million people have been displaced, and more than 600,000 killed.
- Slavery continues in America.
- On a hopeful last note: A Muslim college student comes to the aid of two young Jews caught in a train beating.
Share this story