On and off for the last year I've been developing a project called Readsfeed, a website that automatically shares snippets and links to short stories, poems, and reviews by literary publications on the web.
Soon a beta version will be ready for testing, and I'd like to invite Identity Theory readers like you to try it out. Just leave a comment below if you're interested and I'll be in touch with you about getting a sneak peak. For readers like you:
- Readsfeed provides one-stop browsing for all literary content
- It provides feeds of literary websites that don't have feeds of their own
- It can send you email and Twitter updates of new content
And for editors, my goal is to make it easier for your audience to find your content and to financially support your publications. By way of a sample, here's a screen capture of a Readsfeed item and note that:
- Readsfeed provides excerpts, rather than the full content
- It maintains original HTML
- If available, it provides a link to your subscription or donation page
- It provides a customizable "bio" page for your publication
So if you're an editor and would to learn more about what Readsfeed can do to connect your publication to a larger readership, drop me an email at awhit[at]mit.edu.