1. What’s the first piece of music you listened to today?
"Lost One" -Jay-Z. This song is sooooooo good.
2. What are your vices?
Reading in the bathtub until I prune.
3. What is one of your prejudices?
Bell peppers. Yuck.
4. In what way do you think music has the ability to change
the way people live their lives?
I find music incredibly meditative and therapeutic–both listening to it and creating it. When I am not musically productive, I get depressed. When you are really focused while creating it feels as though you have caught something that is floating by and are riding it. It is not coming from you but through you. You become a part of something that is bigger than you and it is both humbling and invigorating. Love is also like this and I would imagine that having a child would also be a similar experience. It is the closest thing that I have found to a purpose for my existence.
5. At what age did you first feel distrust?
Very young. I grew up in New York City.
6. Do you think that your name is appropriate for you?
(If not, what name would be more appropriate?)
I feel like my name is entirely appropriate and fitting for me although when kids in kindergarten told me I had a girl’s name I hadn’t realized it yet.
7. What is the best piece of music you’ve ever created,
in your opinion?
Probably "waves in waves," the last song I wrote. I am always most excited about what I am working on at the moment until the next thing becomes the most exciting.
8. Right now, how are you trying to change yourself?
I am trying to get a good day job. Know of anything?
9. If you had the time, what else would you do?
Make a movie–coming soon.
10. What social cause do you feel the most strongly about
(negative or positive)?
I don’t know–a lot of shit is totally fucked right now. Gay marriage is a pretty big deal to me. It is totally outrageous that it hasn’t been nationally legalized.
11. What are your fears?
Breaking down in the South on tour.
12. What is your favorite joke (tasteful or tasteless)?
I find this a difficult question since I think that humor is all in the delivery.
16. What would you like to know more about?
17. What is one thing you would like to do/see/accomplish
before you die?