“IT defies demographic niches, and proves that you can do serious reading on a screen.” – Seven Days
Identity Theory is an online literary magazine and cultural hub that has been publishing original writing, interviews, and other forms of creative expression since July 2000.
Within our web-based magazine’s thousands of pages, you will find:
Music interviews with indie and mainstream bands from Animal Collective and Ariel Pink to the Gin Blossoms to Midnight Oil to Sleater-Kinney and beyond–as well as album reviews and other music features.
Short, innovative fiction, including recent favorites “We Are The Pretty” by Ryan Rickrode, “A Bird in the House” by Ben Black, and “Jack & Emily Texas Roadside Incident, Summer 2012” by David Rice.
Want to know more? Read our Not Very Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I get involved with Identity Theory?
Want to become an editor, review books, interview interesting folks, maybe have your own blog on our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Matt Borondy) with any queries related to that or othersuch endeavors.
Where can I send a review copy of my book/CD/film?
Contact us directly for an address for packages (again, email@example.com / Matt Borondy).
Email a staff member by clicking his/her name:
- Matt Borondy, Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
- Robert Birnbaum, Editor-at-Large
- Anna-Lynne Williams, Music Editor
- Matthew Sorrento, Film Editor
- Matthew Tiffany, Book Reviews Editor
- James Warner, Assistant Fiction Editor
- Sarah Weissman, Assistant Fiction Editor
- Hilarie Ashton, Assistant Editor
- Carole Burkett, Assistant Editor